Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hockey is Coming

So, I started getting excited about hockey today. At a recent (hockey) draft party I won a pair of lower bowl tickets for the Thrashers. Also, I work where many of the local Fox Sports guys are my customers and we have been talking about their upcoming coverage of the boys and the new rookie, Evander Kane. So today I was doing some hockey reading, prompted by an email from the Blueland Outsider.

So, here's what my excitement has found:

Evander Kane should be a stud. If not now, then soon.

Last year we grew to be fans of #47, Rich Peverly. Here's hoping that The Pevs Dispenser (credit to whoever coined the name and to the Blueland Outsider for the pic) is able to build on last year's success.

Kovy is getting better every day. He transformed himself after Pevs arrived and the Thrashers put the "C" on his chest. It pains me to say this but there was a good article in the Atlanta Liberal Daily today about Kovy. Check is out here: http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2009/08/21/thrashers-good-fortune-kovalchuks-here-heatleys-gone/

Season and Home Opener is October 3rd. Are you ready?

No comments: